The ODOT Transportation Safety Office has allocated $600,000 in grant funding available under the Section 402 State and Community Highway Safety Grant Program, for counties to develop Local Transportation Safety Action Plans (LTSAP).
Local Transportation Safety Action Plans bring together county leadership, transportation experts and community partners to identify safety challenges and advance actionable strategies and solutions. Counties can request between $40,000 and $100,000 in grant funding to hire consultants or staff to convene meetings, investigate challenges, propose solutions, write reports and plan implementation to complete the development of a LTSAP. Counties will have full control of the process for contracting with a consultant or hiring staff to develop a LTSAP and will be expected to manage the contract, consultant or staff.
To qualify for funding, a county must:
- Receive county leadership approval for developing a LTSAP
- Meet a timeline for developing a LTSAP by September 30, 2022
- Must not have an existing LTSAP or have a LTSAP that is at least five years old
Applications can be submitted now and grants will be awarded on a first come first served basis as applications are completed until funding runs out. Distribution of grant awards is available immediately.
The Application and disbursement time is:
- Accepting applications September 20, 2021
- Selection and disbursement Immediately
- Grants will no longer be awarded December 31, 2021
- LTSAP adoption September 20, 2022
To apply, email Transportation Safety Program Manager Walter McAllister firstname.lastname@example.org